Data Privacy Notice
Effective: March 23, 2017
Welcome to saybubble.
saybubble is the world’s first mobile artificial intelligence and geolocation-based social journalism platform. It is designed to fill the information-sharing gap that exists today between cluttered mainstream media and fragmented social media.
saybubble enables users to document the world as you see it, and open a discovery window to your community, your city, your country and your world. By utilizing artificial intelligence technology that floats over your geolocation, saybubble creates a powerful and entirely unique connection with the places, people, and topics that interest YOU. Think beyond just your friends. By contributing to the public map, you contribute to the world.
The saybubble map illuminates hotspots when major events are trending next door or around the globe. It also offers a searchable source of content about a place – all created by your friends and the most credible social journalists reporting from that location. As saybubble opens this window to global communities, we are not disrupting existing markets, we are creating a new one.
saybubble Privacy Notice
This saybubble privacy notice governs the saybubble service on saybubble.com and the mobile saybubble applications for iOS and Android. Our saybubble platform is pioneered with a non-invasive technology that delivers privacy, transparency and complete consumer control of their saybubble relationship.
We welcome comments and questions about our policy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policy effective date: March 23, 2017
saybubble Privacy Notice Table of Contents:
- What Information Does saybubble Collect About You?
- How Does saybubble Use Your Information?
- How Does saybubble Store Your Information?
- How Does saybubble Secure Your Information?
- How Is Information Shared (and Not Shared) on saybubble?
- What Are Your Choices Regarding Your Information on saybubble?
- saybubble Global Privacy Standards
- saybubble Children’s Privacy
- Contact Us
- Changes to the saybubble Privacy Notice
What Information Does saybubble Collect?
You own every bit of information you post or generate on saybubble. Here is the information saybubble collects:
Information You Give saybubble
- Account Details:
Account setup requires your email address, a unique user-generated password, your gender or your organization’s name, a profile photo, account holder’s name, birthdate, (because you must be 13 or older to use our platform), and your postal code, (which is required to start you off in the proper location on the saybubble map).
- Social Logins:
If you utilize Google or Facebook logins to establish a saybubble account, saybubble will collect the following information about your Google or Facebook account: first name, last name, profile picture, and password/access token.
- Posts, News & Stories:
saybubble receives all posts, news and stories you create.
Optionally you can provide your precise geolocation at saybubble account setup, which is nice to have at this point but not required for account setup. A postal code alone will work to set your map!
For every post, saybubble needs a location so that we can pin the post to a map. In order to post onto the saybubble app, you will be required to allow location but general location is required in order for news and stories to post so that we can pin them to the map)
- Friends and Organizations:
The saybubble platform receives information on which friends and organizations you are connected to.
- Your Comments & Reactions:
Content you generate with your reactions and comments to public and private saybubble posts
- Your Interactions:
saybubble collects data about your interactions with the public map and stories you read.
saybubble receives your chats with other users on saybubble platform.
- Device Address Book:
We may give you the ability to import you address book contacts or manually enter email addresses in order to invite friends to join you on saybubble.
- Facebook User Source Data File:
saybubble allows you to back up a high resolution portfolio of your most treasured memories and interactions with friends, family and groups you love. The backup feature offers a simple technical solution for portability of all your Facebook user data. Once you port your user file to saybubble, we create a folder in your saybubblemedia library for all your Facebook media posts. saybubble will identify who your Facebook friends are, and will let you know if they join saybubble. The other analytics, preferences, pattern or behavioral data received from your Facebook source data profile is stored on your behalf by saybubble and not used for any other purpose than to maintain a backup of your information for your peace of mind. An upcoming “download” feature will allow you make a copy of the data onto your own devices as well.
- Payment information:
If you wish to purchase any product or service made available through saybubble you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation, your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card, your billing address, and your shipping information.
- Information shared by others about you:
Others have the ability to post, comment, or import information about you in saybubble.
- Customer Support and Service:
For purposes of providing support service to customers, saybubble may collect data and details needed to provide such support.
Automated Information We Get from your Use of saybubble
- Device-specific information
Make, model, operating system, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Log information:
Includes IP addresses, type of computer or device you are using, browser details, referring and exit pages, number of clicks on pages and features, the amount of time spent logged in and on specific pages.
This is technical data associated with User Content, for example a date, time, location stamp on uploaded photos or videos.
- Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies:
These technologies collect data such as browser or device and user preferences, recognize users upon arrival, auto-populate user name at login.
Machine learning is at the heart of saybubble’s service. With Artificial Intelligence floating over geolocation technology, we are providing a platform that curates and promotes the information you seek, without having to search.
How Does saybubble Use Your Information?
saybubble uses the information we collect to provide the best user service and experience possible.
- Deliver, Improve and Develop saybubble Services
- Create your saybubble account
- Operate, improve and optimize saybubble services
- Display public information
- Personalize your experience
- Your location, your searches, your interests, and your network on saybubble assist the AI in determining what stories should be prioritized for you both on your map and in your feed.
- Identify and suggest connections, geographies
- Develop and test new platform features
- Automatically update your saybubble application on your device.
- Communicate with You
- We intend to consistently provide first-rate customer support and service. We use the contact details you provide to us both in your account profile and your customer support communications in order to deliver on that commitment to you.
- Send Invitations
- You have the ability to invite your friends (from your address book or manually), to join you on saybubble. This option is completely your choice and opt in only. When your friends receive a saybubble invitation, they will be offered the ability to opt out of all future saybubble invitations from other individuals.
- Brands, groups or celebrities you follow on saybubble may have sponsorships for their brand pages and brand content. saybubble will measure the success of these types of ad campaigns for brands and sponsors, but will not permit any Personally Identifiable Information (Pii) to be shared in reported success metrics.
- On the map, saybubble will provide advertising offers and suggestions only when you ask for them. Local businesses near you may provide special offers, which you will only experience during the times you turn on the feature that delivers offers, (for example if you feel like shopping or dining in a specific area). At saybubble we will provide advertising success metrics to those businesses providing offers, but will not permit any Pii to be shared in those metrics.
How Does saybubble Store Your Information?
- Data is processed and stored on saybubble’s behalf by Amazon Web Services (AWS). This data is encrypted at all points of AWS processing and storage using a VPN-level encryption and is stored in the United States.
- Data Retention: Upon deletion of your account, saybubble will retain your data for X # of days/years, or as required by law
How Does saybubble Secure your Information?
saybubble utilizes commercially reasonable safeguards to assist in keeping your information secure.
- We adhere to industry standards for data security, including using unique passwords for all users, and using HTTPS Protocol, SSL Certificates, 256bit Encryption and VPNs at appropriate points of data transmissions and storage. We have built in advanced detection functionality, and have an internal breach response plan in place.
How is Information Shared (and Not Shared) on saybubble?
This is where saybubble’s unique focus on privacy comes shining through.
- You Share with Your Connections
- You decide which people and organizations you would like see your information. There are also public and private posting options, and flexible location pin options for the map.
- Your Connections Share Information about You
- In posts where there are photos or videos of you, in posts or comments where you are tagged or even mentioned, people may share information about you to others.
- Vendors, Service Providers, and Partners include:
- Google Maps/Google Earth – Mapping technology from Google is integrated into the saybubble platform. No Personally Identifiable Information (Pii) is shared with Google about our users’ engagement the mapping technology.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) – data is processed and stored on saybubble’s behalf by AWS. This data is encrypted during all AWS processing and storage using a VPN-level encryption and is stored in the United States.
- Payments Processing – The service may employ the use of third party services for the purpose of facilitating payment and the completion of purchases. By submitting your information, you grant us the right to provide the information to these third parties.
- A Note on Advertising, 3rd Party Ad Technologies, and Ad Success Metrics Reporting
- We don’t share your Personally Identifiable Information (Pii) with 3rd Party advertising technology companies for any reason. We are able to do this because we do not offer advertising programs off of our saybubble platform, and don’t need 3rd party technologies to integrate into our technology platform in order to deliver relevant advertising content. The technology for on-platform ads in entirely created by saybubble, and preference-managed by you. There is no need to share any behavioral tracking or other personal information about any of our users to anyone, especially 3rd party advertising technology companies.
- In the Event of a Change of Control of saybubble, Inc.
- The ownership of saybubble, Inc. may change at some point in the future. Should that occur, your information may be shared with the person or business that owns or controls the service. You will be notified if there is a change of control, as it would constitute a change to this Privacy Notice. (add hyperlink to below section: “Changes to our Privacy Notice”
- As Required by Law
- saybubble may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in
- In order to provide transparency in respect of lawful requests by public authorities to access personal information, saybubble may issue periodic transparency reports on the number of requests for personal information we have received by public authorities for law enforcement and national security reasons, to the extent such disclosures are permissible under applicable law.
What Are Your Choices Regarding Your Information on saybubble
We welcome your privacy preferences suggestions! saybubble can’t promise to fulfill every idea, but we love to hear privacy features and ideas from our users. Help own your privacy!
- Your Profile
- You have the ability to minimize access to and visibility of your profile by making it private. With this setting, only your connections will gain access to your profile.
- Personal or Public Posts
- Posts may be “Personal” (shared only with friends and followers), or “Public” (displayed on the public map). It’s up to you decide at the time of posting! Personal posts are available to view only by your connections. Public posts reach the public saybubble map, and benefit the larger community in which you live, work and play. Public posts also improve your experience points, leveling you up from a “Mysterious Being” within a community, to a more respected “Conscientious Contributor”, and finally to a true “Social Journalist” status.
- At any time, you may change a post from Public to Personal, or vice-versa. Please keep in mind that previously public posts may have been accessed prior to the
- When others tag you, you have the ability to allow yourself to be tagged in posts, not allow yourself to be tagged in posts, or preview posts you are tagged in before your tagging goes live.
- Your public map has special advertisements and offers you can turn on when you want to see them.
- Location: Precise Location Vs Less-Precise Location
- Precise Geolocation offers the best user experience and interaction on saybubble. However, when you post, you aren’t always in the same place the post was created. Or, you just don’t want people to know which building you live in. For these very good reasons, you can adjust your location setting on a post to a broader location like a neighborhood or a city, near you or across the world. saybubble requires location on every post so the posts can be pinned to the map, but there is flexibility in just how precise your location needs to be.
- Data Access and Accuracy
- At saybubble we are committed to always provide a good faith effort to afford you access to your personal information. Should that information require corrections, amendments or deletions for accuracy, please contact us to assist you. Please understand that during such a request process, we may require validation of your identity in order to complete the request.
- Access may be restricted in instances when it would interfere with the safeguarding of national security, public security, enforcement of the law or when it would violate the rights of others. A fee may be charged in instances of repetitious or vexatious requests or technically challenging requests
- Account Portability
- Your data on saybubble is yours. Whenever you want it. saybubble offers you a simple method to view and download all of your saybubble source data profile, and that includes your Facebook source data profile. With one click, the “download” feature will allow you to make a complete copy of your data to port over to your own devices or other cloud services of your choosing.
- Account deactivation/reactivation and deletion
- You may choose to deactivate or delete your account at any time. Following these requests, saybubble may retain your information and user content only for a commercially reasonable time for processing such request, and subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information. We recommend you utilize the download feature before you deactivate or delete your account.Insert links to deactivate and delete accounts.
Global Privacy Standards
saybubble seeks to align globally with the highest standards for privacy. We have built our platform service with users’ privacy foremost in our mind.
- saybubble has made the effort to integrate many of the globally-recognized standards from the Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development guidelines published in the OECD Privacy Framework.
- To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
We don’t intend to play in this sandbox.
- saybubble does not knowingly collect or solicit information from individuals under the age of 13. The saybubble service is not directed at children under the age of 13. If you believe that we may have information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us to request removal.
We’d love to hear from you, and welcome your feedback and ideas on this privacy program.
- Privacy Questions
Please contact us at any time with your privacy-related questions at email@example.com. We are happy to answer any questions you have about whether we are processing personal data relating to you, what that data is, whether it is accurate, or if it is in need of correction, amendment or deletion.
- Independent Recourse Mechanism for Privacy Disputes
saybubble has committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or if we have not resolved your complaint, please contact or visit JAMS for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you. An individual has the possibility, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration for complaints regarding EU-US Privacy Shield compliance not resolved by any of the other EU-US Privacy Shield mechanisms. For additional information please visit: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction
- How to Contact Us About a Deceased User:
In the event of the death of a saybubble user, please contact email@example.com. saybubble typically conducts communications on this matter via email, so please provide best contact details so that we may communicate expediently with you.
Changes to the saybubble Privacy Notice
saybubble may modify or update this Privacy Notice.
- In the event of material changes to this statement, saybubble will provide notice of modifications and updates, and take the added measure to invite users to opt in to any material changes that may impact the use of their personal information.
- We welcome comments and questions about this saybubble Privacy Notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This statement is last updated March 23, 2017